A consultant, speaker, teacher and chef, Rebecca works closely with patients, physicians, and wellness professionals to include the powerful tool of nutrition in their medical arsenal.
In her top-selling cookbook, One Bite at a Time, Rebecca shares more than 85 delicious, immune-boosting recipes for people living with cancer and their loved ones. READ MORE...
The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen
In her new book, The Cancer Fighting Kitchen, Rebecca offers a book infused with both fantastic taste and meticulous science, utilizing delicious ingredients rich in the nutrients, minerals, and phyto-chemicals that people simply must have to thrive during treatment. Chock full of wisdom, experience, and comments from both Rebecca and a coterie of America's foremost integrative oncologists, physicians, and cancer-wellness professionals, The Cancer Fighting Kitchen includes:
- More than 150 healthy, mouth-watering, easy-to-find recipes that stimulate appetite and address treatment side-effects including fatigue, nausea, mouth and throat soreness, and low blood counts
- The 'Cancer Fighting Tool-Kit': Everything caregivers and friends need to keep loved ones eating during treatment, including advice, gleaned directly from Rebecca's practice with dozens of clients.
- Vital advice from Rebecca and her experts on putting together a culinary support team
- A 'Culinary Pharmacy' that reveals the peer-reviewed science behind every ingredient in the book
- Numerous strategies for thriving during treatment, including using food to optimize treatment, important lifestyle choices that help patients stay energized, and food shopping, preparation, storage and serving tips.
Written in a warm, engaging, encouraging, style, Rebecca's entertaining and informative prose helps people in treatment and their loved ones overcome their fear of cooking for someone dealing with cancer. Filled with humor, compassion, beautiful photography, and a wealth of useful information, The Cancer Fighting Kitchen brings the healing power of delicious, nutritious foods to those whose hearts and bodies crave a great meal.
PHD, Author of Anticancer: A New Way of Life